Reports to: Shift Manager
As a Baker at Appalachia Cookie Company, you will be responsible for baking cookies, answering phones and taking orders. You will also help keep the store organized and clean. You should be passionate about the industry as well as delivering an exceptional customer experience, while understanding the importance of a positive social and environmental impact. Our employees must maintain high standards of restaurant cleanliness, sanitation and food quality.
- Typical Shifts: 11am - 5pm; 5pm - 11pm; 8pm - 1am.
- Must be a quick learning individual.
- Proficient in the following areas: ordering, receiving, customer service, safety and sanitation.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must pay close attention to detail.
- Must be positive and proactive.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be certified drug free.
- Recognizing the difference between cookies.
- Recognizing the difference between under/over-baked cookies.
- Repetitive movement and cognitive skills.
- Answering phones and greeting customers.
- Taking customers’ orders and using Point of Sale.
- Scooping, baking and boxing cookies
- Matching orders on Kitchen Display System (KDS) to orders on tray and boxing them accordingly.
- Sweeping, mopping, washing dishes and other general cleaning duties.